Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Have U had your plus sign today?

So, I'm still trying to get the hang of this blog thing. Should I keep it conversational, should I be personal, should I just stick to telling jokes and silly stories? What do you think?

Well, after much deliberation I've decided to just write about whatever comes into my little head. And today I'd like to talk about Positivity. (U know that Prince song, "Positivity?" It's on Lovesexy, check it out!)

This week a lot of not so great things have happened:

We lost the house we were going to buy. Now I'll be homeless with all my stuff on storage. My current roommate thinks I should peddle my ass to make more money to make ends meet. I always knew he was a ho, but I didn't think he was a pimp, too!

My CD order has been DELAYED YET AGAIN!! This time it's an issue with the master disk. grrr.... what else is gonna happen with this project? Oh yeah,

my choreographer quit on me last night. I understand her reasons, but it's awful nonetheless. She understood my vision for the show, we were on the same page and everything and now I have to find someone who will work for not a lot of money cuz my ass is still broke and still try to put something together by January.

Oh, and I didn't get a promotion at work. Must have been that little comment I "thought" i made in confidence to a co-worker ... something along the lines of "... if I'm still working here when I'm 30, fucking shoot me!" Yeah, I don't think they liked that too much.

But U know, all and all, even though all this shit is happening, I'm remaining amazingly optimistic. It must have something to do with 2NMC and my amazing new MASTERMIND group! By the way, I added a link to Rick Cusick's blog ... it's a lot better than mine, believe me! He is pop/rock legend in the making with an amazingly soulful voice (especially for a white boy! :-) )

I performed at Mojo's open mic on Monday ... for the bartender, the soundman and one other person. I didn't care that it was empty, I performed anyway, and I'm glad I did! That one other person really liked what he heard and saw and is going to be on the lookout for new gigs for me! So, what David Hooper said was true ... always give your performance your all because you NEVER know who's watching!

Also did Organic Soul last night, only they can't play tracks so I couldn't do an original. I sang a song by my hero, Prince, instead, with their magnificent backing band. If you haven't been to Organic Soul Tuesdays, you are really missing out! U must get down there one week and experience all of this amazing talent that's here in Baltimore!

I think I'm going to Fletcher's tonight if I'm anybody is free. I'm still searching for the perfect place for my cd release.

And tomorrow I'm headed to the Funk Box to check out a couple of band and a cd release there.

I have nothing but plus signs in my life in the face of all adversity! That's my new motto!

Chimichangas, kids!

Saturn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home